Updated 9.20am 11/12/17
Following recent wet weather closures, all roads are now open to traffic.
Some roads sustained considerable flood damage, so drivers are urged to drive to conditions.
Any further road closures and/or detours caused by adverse weather events throughout the Hilltops Region will be listed here.
During the time of road closure, users are reminded that;
- They may be liable for any damage that they cause to a road that is closed or to their vehicle.
- Travelling on roads covered with water is extremely dangerous and should be avoided.
- Road conditions can change without warning and drivers should travel with caution.
- Unsealed roads damage very easily when they are wet and only essential journeys should be undertaken until these roads dry out.
- Repairs to damaged roads are not usually possible until both the roads and gravel stockpiles begin to dry out.
- Council prioritises repairs with higher trafficked roads usually receiving attention first.
During rain and flood events Hilltops Council staff continue to inspect roads and collect information to update road bulletins at regular intervals. Please note, this information is not exhaustive, it is only current at the time of posting, and should be regarded as a guide only. Motorists may experience different conditions on site to those reported above. As such motorists are reminded to undertake their own assessment as to the level of risk associated with driving on the roads within the Hilltops Council area at this time. Roads and road surfaces may be wet or covered with water at culverts and causeways. Motorists are reminded to drive to the road conditions, obey road signs at all times and proceed with extreme caution.
For after hours Roads Emergencies please contact:
- Eastern Council Area (former Boorowa Shire) 0428 851 083
- Western Council Area (former Young Shire) 0427 701 262
- Southern Council Area (former Harden Shire) 6386 0160